We experienced an amazing manifestation of the Holy Spirit’s power this past Saturday morning. Men who came in bondage, have been set free, just as Jesus promised would happen WHEN we fight with the weapons He has given us.
For those of you who were in prayer for Saturday morning, I thank you so much for your faithfulness. Your prayers were answered in a mighty way and each one who prayed was used mightily by the Lord.
However, my heart breaks for the multitude of men (and women) that I meet every day, who I fear will never experience the deliverance that we witnessed on Saturday morning. Why is this so? Is this only for a select few? No, it is for every believer and it is the “Normal Christian Life.” However, it is a supernatural life, and most men and women who profess Christ simply have never been taught the amazing truth that sets people free.
Brothers, we have reached at time in the life of the church where academia, and the wisdom of man has completely obliterated the simple, majestic truth of the Gospel that sets men free using the only weapon that brings glory to our Father…the Mighty Holy Spirit of the Living God…that dwells in you and me. It worked for a hardcore, cursing fisherman on the docks of Galilee (you might remember him as a man named Peter), just as well as it worked for a brilliant theologian (probably even a little smarter than Wayne Grudem and John Piper) named Saul. The mighty Spirit of God desires to do the same thing for you, that He did for these guys.
Today, will you begin to trust Him to do the work that only He can do? Satan does not fear Wayne Grudem’s Systematic Theology…but he trembles and runs for the hills whenever a simple man in humble faith, cries out for the Holy Spirit to “put to death the deeds of the body.” Romans 8:13. It matters not what “deed” you are talking about. Lust, gluttony, an unnatural affection for sports, or politics, anything in our lives that pulls our focus away from our Savior.
To brothers who were set free on Saturday. I cannot stress strongly enough. Begin each morning to pray the Pilgrim’s Prayer. I promise you, it will become such a powerful force in your life, and it will revolutionize your warfare with the enemy. If you are struggling at night…pray the Pilgrim’s Prayer at night….whenever you are tempted, simply “offer your body as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service…” Romans12:1 You are free…and you will remain free as long as you rely on the Weapon that can never fail. If you begin to trust in your own weapons again, you will quickly find yourselves right back where you were…and likely in even worse bondage than before.
Saturday was such a glorious day and for all of you men who were set free on Saturday, walk today in your new reality…”If the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.” John 8:36
If you are still struggling today, it would be my honor to lead you through the process by which you too can be set free from any addiction, any stronghold, any bondage to the powers of darkness. That is the specialty of our Savior. To HIM be all the praise. No endless meetings or accountability partner…well, actually, just one accountability partner and he is with you 24hrs a day and 7-days a week. The mighty, precious Spirit of the Living God who possesses you!
If you do not have a copy of the Pilgrim’s Prayer, I have attached it for your use. The Lord gave me this prayer and it has been such a sweet and powerful weapon on my own journey. Use it! It is your right as a child of the King to use His weapon.
If I can ever be of service to you, contact me at any time.
For the guys in the Heart Transformation Study, I look forward to seeing you all again on July 22, at 6:30 a.m. If you have never come to this study, you are all most welcome.
Galatians 5:1 For FREEDOM Christ has set us FREE, stand firm therefore and do not submit again to the yoke of slavery.
Your brother in Christ, Steve
The Pilgrim’s Prayer
My Father in heaven, I thank you that because of Jesus sacrifice, I can come to you as your child. I know that you love me, you accept me, and you are thrilled to see your Spirit at work in my life. I thank you that when you see me, you see the righteousness of Jesus Christ. (2 Cor. 5:21) I thank you that today, at this very moment, I am securely with you in heaven as member of your family. I am the brother of Jesus Christ my Savior, and no man or demonic power on earth can change that. (Eph. 2:6)
I look at my body this morning and thank you for it. It is yours to do with as you please. Though this flesh and blood is in the process of dying, the new man that you created when you saved me is renewed each and every day. I thank you for this amazing miracle that regenerates me every day for the journey ahead. (2 Cor. 4:16)
Holy Spirit, I thank you for possessing me and that because you have come into me, I am never alone. You are always with me. You are my teacher, you are my friend, and you are the one who is “closer than a brother” to me.
Holy Spirit, I offer you this body today to use for your purposes.
- I offer you my feet, and trust you to take me the places that you desire me to go. My feet are covered by the Gospel of Peace…the incredible message that God is not mad at man anymore, sin has been forgiven, and God simply asks man to turn, and be reconciled to him by accepting that Jesus Christ died once for sin, was buried, and has been resurrected. He is my Savior, my Lord, and He now is seated at Your right hand. I have been given the job of being an ambassador for my Lord in this foreign country. I am not of this earth. I used to be, but that man died (Romans 6) and I was born again into a new country, with heavenly citizenship. My Father has me on this earth with a mission to set slaves free with this incredible Gospel of Peace. (2 Cor. 5:14-21)
- Holy Spirit, I offer you my sex organs today, use them to serve your purposes in glorifying Jesus Christ and God my father. Use these organs as instruments of righteousness, to bring glory to my Creator who designed them for His glory. (Rom. 6:13)
- Holy Spirit I give you my hands today. Let them be instruments of mercy and love, and healing. Let them give freely, and not withhold anything from those who they can help. Give them your strength and Your power to do your work today through me.
- Holy Spirit, I give you my mind, for your use and your purposes. I thank you that I now have the mind of my Savior, Jesus Christ. (1 Cor. 2:16) This mind is now designed to be controlled and directed by You. You give me wisdom and you are my teacher. Direct my mind and let my decisions today be empowered by You. Give me wisdom to identify those thoughts that are NOT of you, and the strength to resist those thoughts and stand firm against my enemy.
- Holy Spirit, I give you these eyes. Direct them to look at things that glorify Jesus, my Savior. Let my eyes see people the way Jesus sees them. They are either enslaved to the enemy, or they are my brothers and sisters in Christ, co-aliens on this earth, entrusted with the same mission I have been given, to set the captives free. (2 Cor. 5:16) Protect them from anything that would grieve you.
- Holy Spirit, I give you these ears today. Guard them from anything that would seek to pull me away from a closer walk with my Savior. Let the things I listen to this day be pleasing to you. Especially let my ears be sensitive to the people that you will bring across my path today. Let me listen closely, and let me accept the truth and reject error.
- Spirit, I give you my lips, my tongue and my voice, to be possessed by you, to bring glory, honor and praise to my Savior. Let my words bring truth, healing and strength to those whom I talk to this day. Guard my tongue from saying anything that would grieve you.
- Holy Spirit, this entire body of flesh and blood belongs to you. Take full possession of me this day, and I trust you to use these members as instruments of righteousness, to the glory and praise of my Savior, Jesus Christ. (Romans 6:13)
Holy Spirit, I thank you that exactly the same power that raised Jesus from the dead, is now inside this body. I look forward to seeing how you will use this body today. (Romans 8:11) Thank you Holy Spirit, for your continuing work in my life. In Jesus name, Amen.